29 March 2012

My Dashiki Dress

 
vintage dress from Cream Vintage, Banana Republic wedges, Forever 21 earrings
I wore these wedges on Wednesday for about 20 minutes, 10 of which were spent outside taking these photos. It started raining while I was posing and it became awfully hard to walk on the wet ground. I didn't slip, but it sure felt like I was going to fall flat on my face. I switched to flat sandals when I got back inside my apartment, but didn't want to stand outside in the rain again to re-take pictures. The dress is the most important part of my outfit anyway. It's one of my favorite vintage purchases because it's comfortable, easy to throw on, and perfect for summer.

I did a random search for dashiki while I was writing this post and stumbled upon this pattern on Etsy:

vintage pattern from Jeanie's Shop on Etsy
How awesome is this? It's my dress! The pattern is from 1972 and although my dress has a tag, it looks eerily similar to the dress pictured here. Seeing this makes me love my dress even more!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool discovery and awesome dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that pattern IS your dress. How awesome and coincidental. 

    ReplyDelete