02 April 2012

Truth Be Told

Gap dress, thrifted Anne Klein cardigan, thrifted Nine West wedges
Today's post is a little different and longer than usual. I was tagged by Kate from The Perpetual Student's Wife in the 11 Random Things challenge. This means I'll be sharing a bunch of random facts with you, my readers. I hope you're interested in learning more about me because I'm not leaving anything out.

Here's how this is supposed to go down:

1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.

My 11 Random Things
1. The most-played artists on my iPod include Blink 182, Elis Regina, and Jimi Hendrix. Clearly, I have eclectic taste in music. 
2. I once got a ticket for running a stop sign...on a bike. 
3. My absolute favorite show is I Love Lucy.
4. I feel weird about leaving the house without at least a little makeup on.
5. I really hate driving and wish I lived in a city that had a subway.
6. I honestly have no clue what I'll be doing career-wise in a year.
7. After working at Subway in high school and creating the perfect sandwich, I can't eat there anymore because they just don't make it right.
8. One of my favorite book series is The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jane Auel. Please don't look it up because then you'll know I'm a huge nerd.
9. Matt and I still haven't taken down our Christmas tree. 
10. The first time I went to Las Vegas, I won $420 at a random slot machine while I was waiting for Matt to use the restroom.
11. Someday, I'd like to own my own vintage clothing shop. 

Kate's 11 Questions: 
1. The strangest day trip you've ever been on.
There was that time I took a hallucinogenic drug in Zilker Park. Enough said.
2. Favorite Flower: both cut and planted.
Classic roses are always my favorite.
3. Allergies?
I'm allergic to whatever is in the air in Austin. I never had allergies until I moved here. 
4. Ideal pet: type, personality, color, name.
I want any dog that will get along with my cat, Angus. 
5. Worst outfit you've ever worn in public.
Definitely my go-to outfit in high school: flare jeans, my red Hurley hoodie, and white Etnies sneakers. I looked like a wanna-be skater.
6. What do you currently use for transportation?
I drive my mom's grey Jeep Cherokee.
7. Favorite gelato or FroYo flavor. (Or strangest)
I love anything coffee or espresso flavored. 
8. Where/ in what circumstance have you been the most physically uncomfortable?
I spent a week in bed with a stomach flu while I was studying abroad in Spain. It was disgusting.
9. What food item or flavor combination did you unexpectedly like and have intentions of hating?
I used to think I didn't like tarter sauce, but I tried it recently and was proven wrong. It's delicious with fried shrimp! 
10. When was the last time you ate a homegrown piece of fruit or vegetable? (Farmer's Market only kinda counts)
I re-grew my own green onions after seeing this on Pinterest.
11. How did you come to the conclusion that you should start a blog?
I wanted to show everyone that it's entirely possible to dress well and feel good about yourself without having to spend a lot of money.

My 11 Questions:
1. What's your favorite holiday and why?
2. Coke or Pepsi?
3. What sort of hair have you always wished you had or are you happy with what you have?
4. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
5. What is your favorite accessory to shop for?
6. How old were you when you had your first kiss?
7. What kind of dress did you wear to prom?
8. Who do you call or talk to first when you have exciting news?
9. What is your dream designer item?
10. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you?
11. What color are your toenails and/or fingernails currently painted?

I tag the following bloggers:
Cactus Collective
Thrifteye
Fashionable Collections
Uncharted Style
Style by Santina
Dress with Courage
A Little Bit of Lacquer
Kitsune-kun
The Lovely Cup

I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better!

No comments:

Post a Comment