24 April 2012

A Change for the Better

Gap blouse & jeans, Banana Republic wedges, Forever 21 earrings 
Now that I work in an office, I have a reason to dress for "casual Friday". I don't normally wear jeans, but it was definitely a good decision because it was super windy last week. In fact, I probably would have flashed everyone had I been wearing my usual skirt or dress. It was hard enough just taking these pictures because my hair kept getting blown all over the place. Oh, the things I do for this blog. Which brings me to my next topic...

I mentioned it briefly in my last post, but I've decided to go on a shopping hiatus. I feel like I've been justifying my clothing purchases by saying I don't want to bore my readers with the same outfits. But seriously, who am I kidding? My closet is filled with clothes that can be mixed and matched in ways I've never worn, but I just haven't forced myself to do so. Instead, I've been willing to shell out cash, or worse, charge a new purchase to make me feel like I have a whole new outfit. It's time to stop.

I've got too many bills to pay (thanks for maxing out my credit card, Macbook...just kidding, I love you), not to mention that I need to save for all my upcoming expenses. I'm hoping to buy a new car this week (yay!) and Matt and I are heading to Houston for a mini-vacation this weekend (double yay!). I can't think of a better time to cut out shopping than now. It's going to be hard, but I think it will be a good challenge for myself.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post^^ You have such a great blog!

    vivo make-up♥mfashionfreak
    cutey GIVEAWAY♥mfashionfreak

    I have a giveaway on my blog and I'd love you to join if you haven't already <3

    ReplyDelete