30 September 2011

Mad(wo)Men

Blanco dress from Santander, Spain, vest from Goodwill Blue Hanger, and Zara flats

You might not have noticed, but I've been slowly adding a few ads to the sidebar of my blog. I only want to advertise businesses and products I actually do endorse instead of just random ads. As of right now, I've become involved with a couple affiliate advertising programs including Modcloth, Payless, and Amazon. I'm feeling a little guilty about the Modcloth ad because I don't actually own anything from there. But if I could afford it, I would buy everything on their site. Instead, I shop at thrift stores for similar styles.

It's hard to find advertisers because I don't buy that much retail. I do sometimes, but mostly when I'm looking for specific things like well-fitting jeans and cute shoes. I added the Payless ad after recently buying these shoes. Now, I'm working on getting a Gap ad since it's one of my favorite retail guilty pleasures. I just added the Amazon ad yesterday for Batiste Dry Shampoo because that stuff is the bomb. No joke.

After I discovered Batiste, I was hooked. I bought it from the local Sally Beauty Supply for about six months, but then I moved to a different part of town and couldn't find it anywhere! I even tried other dry shampoos, but they were all crappy compared to Batiste. So, I was forced to buy it online on Amazon. And now I'm advertising it.

No comments:

Post a Comment