01 May 2012

Domestic Distractions

thrifted shirt, Gap skirt, Banana Republic wedges, vintage scarf
So far, I've kept up with my resolutions to start exercising and stop shopping. I know it's only been a week since I've started jogging, but it's already been about three weeks since I've bought an article of clothing. I'm not lying when I say that's an accomplishment for me. If you know me at all, you know that I'm a shopper at heart. I'm just trying to stay busy so that I don't even have time to think about shopping. It was easy this past weekend because we were out of town, but it's been harder to keep my mind off it since we got back.

All I can think about is the Goodwill Blue Hanger outlet and those huge bins filled to the brim with treasures for me to find. It's kind of a problem.

I kept myself occupied yesterday evening by convincing my boyfriend to help me finally put away our Christmas tree and clean out our extra closet. Then, I cooked dinner and folded the laundry. If domesticity is the only thing keeping me from shopping, I'm all for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment