01 May 2012

Sentimental Clothing

H&M shirt (five years old), thrifted skirt (gift from my stepmom),
Forever 21 earrings, Banana Republic wedges
I used to wear a version of this outfit all the time before I started my blog. But instead of this conservative skirt and my grown-up wedges, I'd wear my short, black American Apparel pocket skirt and flat sandals. In fact, it used to be one of my go-to outfits in college. It's funny how easily you can grow out of certain styles. Now, I only wear that American Apparel skirt as a swimsuit cover up. It just doesn't feel like me anymore.

On the other hand, I have a special relationship with this particular red-orange top. I bought it in Rome when I was 17 years old and I'm so glad I still have it. Unlike the American Apparel skirt, this shirt makes me feel youthful in a good way. I wanted to wear it the other day, so I decided to recreate my old go-to outfit in a more "grown-up" way. I'll always consider this top to be an essential piece of my wardrobe. It has too many memories!

1 comment: