23 January 2012

Personal Style

thrifted vintage skirt and Nine West wedges from the Goodwill Blue Hanger outlet,
Gap shirt, thrifted belt from Goodwill, Forever 21 necklace  

This outfit is the perfect representation of my style. It's feminine, yet casual and includes something from all the different places I like to shop. I often wear a combination of thrifted and/or vintage pieces and items from my retail guilty pleasures like Gap or Forever 21. I like when I wear outfits that perfectly represent me, especially when it's not planned. It's a really good way for me to understand and define my own style. Having a blog definitely helps, but it's always interesting to look back at the outfits I wore two month ago and already forgot about.

By the way, this will be the last post with me wearing my glasses. After a whole week, I'm finally able to wear my contacts again. I was getting tired of having to push my glasses up my nose whenever I bent down and not having any peripheral vision.

Now, on to the more exciting news...I was featured in The Daily Texan last week! I helped my good friend, Jessica, out with her article, Locals give winter wardrobe advice, by giving her my tips for dressing for the bipolar Texas winters. She also asked me to be the model for the article, to which I gladly obliged. The online article looks great, but the printed version was even better because they had a full-body shot of my outfit. I have 10 copies, so I'm tempted to cut myself out like a paper doll or make a bookmark for my boyfriend. Stay tuned for a DIY...

I have to thank Jessica again for such a fabulous article. She recently started her own blog, Sparkle & Stripes, and I highly suggest that you check it out. She's got a really great sense of style and the cutest eyeglasses ever.

5 comments:

  1. That is such a great skirt!  I love the colour..and the fabric looks perfect for winter

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this combination! Great outfit! 

    -xx-
    http://www.myvoguishdiaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so perfect for winter! Too bad the the Texas winter has me wearing it with a t-shirt and no coat. It doesn't even feel like winter because I don't even need tights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great combination of color !! You look great.

    ReplyDelete