25 January 2012

Wishful Thinking

Gap sweater and jeans, thrifted vintage blouse from Goodwill, Zara wedges


Let's pretend for a moment that I'm not a recent graduate, broke, and in debt because I want to talk about all the awesome shopping that's happening here in Austin this weekend. Two of my favorite shopping events are going on this Saturday and SundayLe Garage Sale and the City-Wide Garage Sale. It's too bad (but good for my wallet) that I'm working all weekend or else I'd be at both sales on both days. If you'll be in town and don't have any plans for the weekend, please go to these sales so I can live vicariously through you. Now, allow me to tell you a little bit about them.

If you're a fan of shopping at local, independent Austin businesses, Le Garage sale is for you. Tons of local boutiques and stores (including Dog and Pony, Kendra Scott, Langford Market, Goodie Two Shoes, Strut, and so many more) get together in the Austin Convention Center to sell their awesome items at lower-than-normal prices. It's a great way to be introduced to all the great local businesses Austin has in one single place.

If you're a fan of buying antiques, vintage clothing and accessories, and unique knickknacks, the City-Wide Garage Sale is for you. Local vendors set up booths in the Palmer Events Center to sell their vintage collectibles for much lower prices than what you'd pay in a brick and mortar vintage store. The last time I went, I got some amazing vintage jewelry for very cheap and my best friend, Jackie, bought two beautiful vintage dresses for $8. Tip: If you print out a copy of the Vintage Around Town Guide, you can get in for free!

Did I distract you long enough to make you forget I wore almost this exact same outfit not too long ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment