20 February 2012

Homemade Dress

thrifted homemade dress, heels from Banana Republic,
belt from Wish (closed), vintage pearl necklace from my step-mom

The fact that someone actually made this dress at home blows me away. It fits perfectly and flows so beautifully that I could never imagine making it myself. I bought it at a thrift store in Harlingen while I was visiting my mom for Christmas. I was really excited to go to this particular thrift store because it didn't exist when I lived there. I ended up finding this amazing dress was only $5!

I haven't been thrifting as much lately because I've been working all the time, but believe me, I've been thinking about it. There are some great President's Day sales today that I wish I had time to go to. Definitely check out Savers or Thrift Town if you get the chance!

6 comments:

  1. That dress looks so fabulous!! I love your outfit :)

    http://missangelamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding handmade vintage items.  Usually the quality is really high and you know you have a one of a kind dress.  Love this one on you.  It does fit like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Angela! It's one of the best items I've thrifted yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Kara. You should have seen my face when I tried it on. I was like "OMG, how can this fit so perfectly?"

    ReplyDelete