04 June 2012

Home Stretch

thrifted dress, belt from Wish (closed), and Sam Edelman sandals
Here's to another 40 hour work week at the bridal salon. I know those are normal hours for a full-time employee, but it's so physically demanding carrying wedding dresses across the store and dressing brides and bridesmaids eight hours a day, five days a week. By the time I come home from work, all I want to do is sit and relax. Fortunately, my last official day is about three weeks away. I'm SUPER excited to be done with retail...hopefully forever!

As much I complain about it, I have definitely enjoyed being a bridal stylist more than just a regular sales associate at Gap. It felt like I actually mattered to the customer, rather than just being the person who folds the jeans after you try them on. Even so, I'm looking forward to finding a new job in Houston. I take that back; I'm looking forward to finding a career. Before we move at the end of July, I have one last opportunity at Texas Monthly that I'll tell y'all about soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment