30 June 2011

Knot It Up

 


This pale pink skirt is much harder to wear than I thought it would be. I can't tuck anything into it because there's no room it's so sheer. I wanted to wear it differently than last time, so I decided to turn to my favorite fashion blogs for some inspiration. Kendi from Kendi Everyday, along with Jessica from What I Wore and Beth from B.Jones Style, are all more of an inspiration to me than any magazine or trend report. They are all real women who find ways to make getting dressed a little more fun. 

I remembered a recent outfit that Kendi posted in which she wore her t-shirt knotted up instead of tucking it into her skirt. Since my tank top was way too bunchy and noticeable tucked in, I decided to tie it in a knot. What a simple solution! My roommate, Jackie, said it looks like a little rose. I didn't even realize it at first, but I think that's why it works so well with the floral lace skirt.

Any other ideas for how to wear this skirt? I feel like I'm stuck with this one.

On Wednesday, I wore an Old Navy tank top, Forever 21 skirt, the first vintage necklace I ever bought on Jackson Street in Harlingen, Texas, and Bakers sandals,


No comments:

Post a Comment