31 October 2011

Happy Halloween!

Minnie Mouse
1950s Housewife

I didn't do anything but work during Halloween weekend. I considered going out, but after working (in costume) all day Friday and Saturday, all I wanted to do was change and be lazy in my apartment. I was pretty proud of my Halloween costumes, so it was a shame I didn't wear them anywhere besides work. Luckily, enough customers appreciated them that I didn't think I needed to show them off anymore.

Both of my costumes were based around dresses I thrifted recently. I was already considering Minnie Mouse because I knew my sister already had the ears, so when I found the red and white polka dot dress, it was decided. All I did was shorten the sleeves a bit because they came down to my elbows before. Yay for using my sewing skills!

I found the floral dress with tulle underneath at the Goodwill Blue Hanger for $1. I didn't plan to use it as a Halloween costume until I realized I needed more than one. I didn't want to wear the same thing to work two days in a row. I made an apron using a dress that didn't fit, teased my hair, added pearls and heels, and voila!

What do you think about my thrifted Halloween costumes?

1 comment:

  1. I am an old soul and feel like I was born in the wrong time...i've been dreaming of time traveling to the fifties wit my hubby and kids and your 50s costume only fueled my love for that time!

    Absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete