10 October 2011

My New Hobby

thrifted blouse and skirt from Goodwill Blue Hanger Outlet, belt from Goodwill, necklace from Buffalo Exchange, Zara flats

I had my first sewing lesson this weekend! My teacher is really nice and patient, which I appreciate because I'm a total beginner. I learned to use a sewing machine and practiced about 10 different seams. I already knew it, but man, sewing is tough! It's going to take a lot of practice to get to the level I'd like to be at. I was so excited after my lesson that I bought a used sewing machine off Craigslist yesterday. It came with its own cabinet and chair, too! Of course, I spent about two hours last night setting it up and playing with it instead of doing my reading for class today. Oops.

On a side note, I also finished my video project about Treasure City Thrift for my class blog, Recycled & Reworn. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Nice video! Thrifting is the best. I found a vintage velour blazer from the 70's just today!

    ReplyDelete