16 December 2011

Hola Mexico

thrifted skirt, Forever 21 shirt, estate sale necklace from my step-mom,
DKNY trench coat, DV Dolce Vita wedges

Matt and I spent about eight hours traveling yesterday before we finally arrived at our hotel in the Riviera Maya in Mexico. Even though we were dead tired, we dropped our bags off in the room and immediately began vacationing. After setting up appointments throughout the week for fancy dinners, massages, haircuts, facials and mani/pedis, we grabbed some food and then went straight to the bar where we stayed for probably too long. We had a good time getting to know some of the other hotel guests at the bar including a couple from Canada with awesome accents. Then, we decided to go to a samba and capoeira show, where I was somehow dragged to the dance floor by one of the performers to take part in the dance. OK, so I wasn't dragged...it was more like she tapped me on the shoulder and I didn't even refuse, which gives you an indication of how long we'd been at the bar earlier. I can only imagine how the rest of the week is going to be.

Even if you aren't at an amazing resort in Mexico right now, there are still plenty of fun things to do this weekend in Austin. This Sunday, Beauty Bar is hosting a clothing swap from 12-6. If you've never been to a clothing swap before, I highly recommend checking it out. All you have to do is bring a bag of clothes you don't wear anymore (a great reason to clean out your closet) and you get to swap them out for other people's clothes. It's like shopping for free!

Check out the Facebook page for more details here. I wish I could go because I love clothing swaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment