31 December 2011

My Latest Sewing Achievement

Forever 21 sweater and necklace, Gap jean jacket,
Old Navy pants, Banana Republic flats

I am so proud, y'all. I replaced the zipper on these black pants all by myself! The old zipper kept falling down and I was tired of flashing everyone, so I figured I should give it a shot. I briefly learned about zippers during my sewing lessons in October, but I wasn't sure I knew enough to do it myself. I've had these pants for over a year and they were only about $15, so I figured it wouldn't be that big a deal if I really screwed up. One of the things I've learned about sewing is to be confident and realize that it's not going to look absolutely perfect and factory made. It just needs to function. In this case, the zipper isn't perfectly aligned, but no one will ever notice. Now, it's like I have brand new pair of pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment