02 February 2011

Brrr, it's cold in here...

...there must some Toros in the atmosphere!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Bring it On was my all-time favorite movie in middle school. Actually, it's probably still in my top 10.    

This morning, I was one of the many Austinites without electricity. I was carrying this one candle around with me, but kept forgetting that it's (duh) an open flame and carelessly reaching over it. I usually drink a cup of coffee while I'm getting ready, but without any power, that wasn't happening. I felt like my whole routine was thrown off.

The electricity came back on a few minutes before I left to catch the bus to campus. Up until I actually walked out the door, I kept checking my email, Facebook and the UT emergency web page, hoping that classes were canceled, but no such luck. I even debated skipping class, but then realized that it being too cold out was a silly excuse. How am I ever going to move up north when I can barely handle a little cold air?

Once I got home, I braved the cold again to take these pictures. I'm still experimenting with various locations around my apartment and different poses. Acting natural in front of the camera is pretty tough, especially because I have no clue what I look until the picture's already been taken. It's a lot of trial and error, but it's fun documenting what I wear each day.

 

I'm wearing a Forever 21 sweater with a GAP long sleeve tee underneath, Old Navy skinny jeans, Urban Outfitters scarf, a vintage coat and boots bought on Ebay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment