28 February 2011

Lazy Weekend

Half of my family came to visit me in Austin on Saturday. My dad and step-mom took my sister and I to Buffalo Exchange for a little shopping and then to Blue Dahlia Bistro for delicious French food. I rarely leave Austin, but I do miss my family so it's nice when they come to visit. And my mom is coming into town this weekend! The next two weeks until Spring Break are going to be a little hectic with tests, projects and papers, so I need all the family support I can get. I didn't do any work this weekend and I'm definitely going to pay for it this week and next. I guess it's time to buckle down, even though I don't want to.

On Saturday, I wore a Forever 21 top, Urban Outfitters skirt, earrings from Langford Market and Sam Edelman sandals from Nordstrom.


 

When I bought this skirt, I read on the tag that it wasn't supposed to go in the washer or dryer. That was a turn-off, but I liked it so much and it was on sale, so I bought it. Then, the dumb ass that I am, put it in the washer AND dryer on Sunday. I freaked out when I was folding all my clean laundry and realized what I'd done. Thankfully, nothing happened. I wonder why Urban Outfitters decided it should be hand-washed and laid flat to dry. Either way, I guess I'll stick to what it says on the tag from now on. It didn't shrink this time, but I really don't want it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment