20 February 2011

Avoiding Homework on a Sunday

I drank way too much tequila this weekend. I made delicious homemade margaritas on Friday AND Saturday and I'm definitely feeling it today. It also doesn't help that I'm pretty sore thanks to a demanding yoga class yesterday. I've been moving very slow today and will probably continue to do so for the rest of the evening.

This is what I wore yesterday for a night of drinking at home and at the bar with friends. I'm wearing a skirt and top from GAP, a Forever 21 belt and Urban Outfitter flats.

You can't even tell I've had one very stiff margarita.
 I think I was spinning too fast for Jackie to get a decent shot.

If you've never made your own margaritas from scratch, you have to try this recipe. You'll never go back to pre-made mix again. It takes a little more time, but it's so worth it.

Golden Margarita

Ingredients: tequila blanco, Gran Gala (or Grand Marnier, if you can afford it), fresh-squeezed lime juice, simple syrup

To make the simple syrup, boil equal parts sugar and water for 5 minutes and let cool. If you don't own a lime squeezer, definitely invest in one for this drink. You'll need about two limes for one shot of juice.

Combine 2 parts tequila, 1 part Gran Gala, 1 part lime juice, 1 part simple syrup in a shaker filled with ice. After shaken, pour into a salt-rimmed glass. 

Just writing all that made me feel a little nauseous. Just a heads up, you only need one of these margaritas to feel pretty good. After two, it's all downhill.

No comments:

Post a Comment