13 February 2011

Weekend Recovery

I woke up today feeling better than I have all week. I tried to rest and relax as much as humanely possible this weekend. I got 10 hours of sleep both Friday and Saturday night and went to yoga both Saturday and Sunday. And, voilà! I'm almost back to 100% healthy.

I'm so excited for this week because it's supposed to be in the 70's every day. It's always easier to dress for warm weather because you don't need as many layers. The only reason why I dread the Texas heat is that my car doesn't have A/C. Luckily, I don't drive my car that much during the week, but when the weekends and summer come around, I have to mentally prepare for windblown hair and slightly sweaty clothes. 

This outfit is definitely going to become a repeat. I've totally bought into the current fashion trend of midi length skirts and dresses. A midi has a hem that falls somewhere on your calf, about midway between your knee and ankle. I never used to wear anything below my knees because I thought it would make me look shorter than I really am. I quickly threw that rule away when I fell in love with maxi skirts and dresses a couple of years ago. Now, I'm loving the midi!

I'm wearing a vintage skirt, a v-neck and jean jacket from GAP, a belt and sunglasses from Forever 21 and Urban Outfitter flats.




 

If you didn't notice, I'm holding a flower from the bouquet that Matt got me for Valentine's Day. The delivery man brought it a day early, but I didn't mind. I love flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment