04 February 2011

Snow Day

Waking up to my roommate, Jackie, calling me at 5:30 a.m to tell me there's snow on the ground and that school's closed was the best way I could have started my day. When I woke up again a little after 9, I was so excited to see that the snow hadn't melted yet. I immediately woke my boyfriend, Matt, up so that we could go outside and make a snowman. We spent about three hours outside, playing in the snow and then walking around the neighborhood with Jackie. It was a fantastic Friday.

I never thought I'd have to wear my ski jacket in Austin, but apparently I can't predict the future. I just threw on the warmest things I own before I ran out the door this morning and it turned out to be a surprisingly cute, coordinated snow day outfit.

I'm wearing a GAP sweater, Forever 21 Jeans, a red scarf from Target, New Balance ski jacket and Sperry rain boots.


No comments:

Post a Comment